Wednesday, January 14, 2015

30 yrs of Grace



It has been monthsince I have taken the time to sit and write....
But I could not let this day go by, without sharing this thought that The Lord has placed on my heart.


Do not Fear....
Do not Worry...
Do not Be Discouraged....


28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose....Romans 8:28

Let me tell you firsthand.......
This verse is truth.....and you know what?
He is even working things together for you,,,,,,if you don't serve Him.

I KNOW this is truth.......

It began 30yrs ago today.......

If you know my story, or you've followed my blog,
you know what I mean....

I was a 17yr old girl......
self-centered...foolish...cheerleader...honor student....
football star boyfriend.....best-dressed.....
I had EVERYTHING I needed.

I had no relationship with God...
I knew about Him...
I believed in Him....
I prayed..(when I needed something)

But I never really needed God.

That is why,,,,,when I found myself pregnant at 17....
I had no idea what to do...
This was certainly not a part of my plan....

I was beyond scared....beyond worried...
I don't even know how to express the fear that consumed me.

To me, my life was over.....
I was in such an emotional state that I could not see past this....
I could never imagine being "on the other side" of thisituation.

It seemed so insurmountable to me...
I really thought that from that point on, my life would standstill.
I believed that I had no future...
I didn't even dare to dream...

After hiding and denying my pregnancy....
I told my family....
I went to the Dr for my first visit...
I was 24weeks.

I heard the heartbeat and I weighed my options....
And I have to admit that I had considered every option available...
including termination.

I was afraid and I COULD NOT see a light at the end of the tunnel....
But God.....
God got ahold of my heart...
and HE washed me in a peace like I had never known....

And I knew....
There was no more doubt.....
There wastill some fear....
But I knew....

I was about to become a MOM.

God was working all things together for my good....
Even though I was not serving Him.....

I worried and I feared ....
I was uncertain of my future....
I thought my plans were dead....
Life was over....

But God knew....My life was just beginning....
The life that He created me for....according to His purpose
But God knew that giving birth to this child...
would not end my life....
But rather, save me from myself.

I can hardly fathom that it has been 30yrs from that day...
At the time, i thought that life was moving in slow motion...
That I would never be past that day...
That I would never be beyond the fear...

Now, I look back and say  "where has the time gone"
There are still so many seasons that I feel are eternal....
Where I worry and I fear.....
life's problemseem insurmountable.

And like everyone else.....
I become discouraged...and I forget...
If God was willing to work all things together on my behalf, when I wasn't serving Him...
How much more is He working now....
Now that I've surrendered to Him?

I am Grateful that I have days like this....
Reminders of just how much Grace our Father extends to us....
Today, 30yrs later...
Nothing is insurmountable.

Do not fear...
Do not worry...
Do not be discouraged...

He is working.

Dear Lord, Thank you for the beautiful blessing of my Tara Jean. she has changed the lives of so many..starting with my own....Amen

so undeserving,
shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment